Return to reTile

Thanks for being a loyal Tile customer! Click here to return to reTile.

Close message

Recycling Tiles is easy


Did you know Tiles are 99% recyclable? 

Not so fun fact
Only 20% of global e-waste is recycled, the remaining 80% is often incinerated or dumped in landfills.*

Recycling your old Tiles means you're keeping them out of landfills. This is especially important because consumer electronics require special handling to make sure that hazardous substances -- like heavy metals -- are not dumped into the environment.

Electronic waste contains deposits of precious metal estimated to be between 40 and 50 times richer than ores mined from the earth, according to the United Nations.*

Many of the components in consumer electronic devices  -- such as metal, plastic and glass -- can be recycled to make other products. Add it all up, and recycling Tiles is a big win for you and the environment!

Reduce, reuse, recycle with replaceable batteries

Tiles with replaceable batteries mean you can now swap out your batteries and keep using your Tiles...possibly forever. No Tile recycling necessary. No extra packaging. And no additional trip to the store. Plus, we work hard to make sure our batteries last as long as possible before you recycle them. Win-win-win-win-win!

But if you do have old Tiles...

 According to one report, nearly 75 percent of old electronics continues to be stored in households because of the unavailability of convenient recycling options.*

We want to do our part to change that. So we’ve made it easier for you to responsibly dispose of old Tiles. In 2018, Tile initiated a relationship with Total Technology Results to be the first to include their database feature in our app. Thanks to this partnership, you can now see a list and get directions to the e-waste recycling centers nearest you in the United States. (iOS only right now)

Here’s how:

-In your Tile app, tap on the “Settings” icon (looks like a gear) in the upper right corner of your screen.
-Scroll down and click on “Recycle Tiles.”  
-You’ll get a convenient list of nearby recycling centers.
-Click on a location and your maps application will open with directions to this center.

Recycling Tiles Blog

Let the recycling begin!

*All stats from:

Your Cart